Wolves of the Runes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semi-Realistic Wolf/human RP!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
RP TIME
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A New Dawn
The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 12:03 pm by Guest

» The Carnival Pack
The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 4:11 am by Guest

» Fallen Meadow
The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:28 pm by Hazzel Calyx

» Training Room
The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:20 pm by Luke Redcross

» Best Character (Contest)
The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:18 pm by Hazzel Calyx

» ~Storm~
The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:46 pm by Storm

» Wolfquest topic is up! - May 23rd
The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:15 pm by Hazzel Calyx

» Cassa's EFA
The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:24 am by Hazzel Calyx

» The Following Forums will be LOCKED
The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 8:36 pm by Hazzel Calyx

Switch Accounts

Top posters
Hazzel Calyx
The Greenhouse - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe Greenhouse - Page 2 Voting_barThe Greenhouse - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Cassa Smith
The Greenhouse - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe Greenhouse - Page 2 Voting_barThe Greenhouse - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Jason Tomahawk
Luke Redcross
Jason Lee
Ezio Auditore
Kanna
Arietta Vaughn
Storm
Affiliates
AFFILIATE WITH US!

The Greenhouse

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hazzel Calyx
Admin

Runes : 54

The Greenhouse - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 9:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

The greenhouse is at the top of the Institute, a spiral staircase leading up to it. It is filled with dozens of plants that are used for medicinal purposes, some that only grew in Idris. There is no particular pattern to the layout of the greenhouse. Green hedges with blue violet blossoms, vines with buds like jewels, moonflowers, white angel's trumpest, four o' clocks, Midnight Flowers, and many more unnameable flowers filled the space, giving it a scent of springtime though Shadowhunters note that it smelt like Idris. The domes ceiling looked like an "inverted lake." There is a stone bench in the center, next to a "stone-bound rock pool" with trees surrounding it.

Original Source © Redwall64 Shadowhunter Wiki
Back to top Go down
https://runewolves.rpg-board.net

AuthorMessage
Ezio Auditore

Ezio Auditore

Runes : 14

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:22 am

He wasnt tryin gto impress he just enjoyed climbing. he closed his eyes giving them the twist needed to turn to eagle visioin. he stood his feet braced on the metal. sweeping his eyes over the place. sometimes he just felt so gosh darned bored.
Back to top Go down
Hazzel Calyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:06 pm

Hazzel had spied the figure in the darkness but did not answer his greeting. He had already started conversation with Cassandra and so she simply waited patiently for the Moonflower to awaken at the stroke of midnight. Hazzel noted the conversation of the two hunters before her. She was glad they went outside so that she could stand there in silence as tradition always was.
Back to top Go down
Ezio Auditore

Ezio Auditore

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 3:13 pm

The male looked down at Cassa and leapt down landing neatly with a grunt climbing up and sitting down again looking up at the sky. "when do you think we will begin our training?" the male was curious.
Back to top Go down
Luke Redcross

Runes : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Luke had been lounging atop the Institute in the green house. His back was pressed against one of the several trees stationed around the rock pool. In his hands, he held a book. It was nothing special just a mundane novel. These books interested the young man greatly, although most others found them ridiculous on their views. The moon was high, lending just enough light to the black and white pages, moonflowers were blooming. Their petals stretched luxuriously in the soft lighting. Luke could still hear the heavy buzz of New York in the distance; it was much different from other Institutes he had been. The people weren’t nearly as friendly and it was loud too. London was much quieter and more relaxing. New York was beautiful in a rough, feral way. He adjusted his position so one of his knees was propped up, the book resting on it. He could hear the voices of others and someone coming up the stairs.

Last edited by Luke Redcross on Sun May 05, 2013 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hazzel Calyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 7:04 pm

(I'm already here lol)

Hazzel glanced around with a grin wide enough to make you think she was forcing it too much when she really wasn't. The Moonflowers around her had bloomed and for a while, she sat in silence. After a few minutes, she spied someone in the shows with a book in his hand."Beautiful, aren't they?" she said in a wondrous tone. If you say her eyes, you would know she was abounded by the sight. Her eyes would be a much brighter green and glistening. Hazzel absently pushed a thick bundle of hair behind her left shoulder. She'd curled it today but you could hardly tell. She was so much a child. She had the face of someone younger than eighteen and the personality of a child but knowledge of a grownup. She leaned against one of the tables that held a substantial row of Lilies on it and hummed a tune her mother used to sing to her every night. The moon shown fully tonight.
Back to top Go down
Luke Redcross

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 7:28 pm

(My Bad lol)
Luke looked up at the girl who was standing there so silently he hadn’t noticed. Part of him wondered how long she had been standing amongst the flowers. Her eyes were so wide with an almost child-like awe, her smile betrayed a happiness that was most genuine. It took him a moment to realize she had addressed him to the beauty of the flowers. “Aye, they are gorgeous in th’ moonlight.” His thick, sing-songy Irish accent was full of agreement. The flowers were silvery among the various other plants. The girl had started to hum a tune, “What is yer name, if ya don’t mind me askin’.” Luke asked, he hated to interrupt the song she was so happily humming, but he wanted to know. He couldn’t just refer to her as ‘the girl.’
Back to top Go down
Hazzel Calyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Hazzel paused when the man in the shadows spoke and smiled in his direction."My name is Hazzel, Hazzel Calyx. Hazzel spelled with two Z's instead of one."She smiled. She straightened and walked towards him with an angelic grace as though she were flying."What's yours?"She'd said this with strong curiosity. She believed it was his accent that drew her so nearer to him."Are you knew here?" She had paused before him. She was breathing deeply, the scent of the many flowers around her permeated the room with many scents by which she thought impossible to pinpoint if one were to try. She wasn't a dog, but sometimes she wish she were.
Back to top Go down
Luke Redcross

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 8:01 pm

He listened to her explanation of the name, two Z’s instead of one. Very interesting. Luke stood up when she approached him, it was rude to remain sitting when another was meaning to speak with you. “It is quite nice to meet ya then, Hazzel, with two Z’s.” The young man found himself looking down at her slightly which amused him. “My name is Lucas, Lucas Redcross. Ery’one calls me Luke though.” His head nodded as he spoke his name, the book he was holding hung loosely in his left hand. With his right he offered a hand to shake before responding. “Mhmm, I got ‘ere a few days ago from the London Institute. How’s about you? Ya come here often?” Luke paused a minute before breaking in to a foolish smile. He had unintentionally said one of the cheesiest lines ever. Hazzels face was shadowed, only part of her face was revealed by the moonlight. She had hair almost a color similar to his, making him question her decent. Her tone was german with a hint of his own. Luke adopted an interested expression as he thought.
Back to top Go down
Hazzel Calyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 8:15 pm

Hazzle bit her lip when he stood up. He was so tall that she had to tip her head back fair far. She held her smile."Nice to meet you, Lucas." She said with a small chuckle. She took his hand in a gentle but firm grip as he father had taught her and shook it, held his gaze as she did so. At his question she nodded."It's a family tradition to watch the Moonflowers bloom every night. They owned this institute once." She dropped his hand. She could see his face, half in shadow and for a moment she had desires going through her mind. Was it love at first sight?
Back to top Go down
Luke Redcross

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 8:31 pm

Luke held his smile as she looked up at him. He was aware that he was taller than most others. Hazzels hand shake was firm, which interesting for most women he met had a more gentle touch. "It 's nice to meet you too Hazzel. And ya said that yer parents did own this place. Why not now?" The curiosity was held in his tone as he released her hand, breaking the eye contact between them briefly. The shadows cast a crossed the right of his face hid the scar along his cheek. Something flickered through her eyes that he had just managed to catch. Desire? No, he must have read her wrong. Admittedly, she was beautiful in appearance. But he wasn't just going to out and say that, he wanted to know her first.
Back to top Go down
Hazzel Calyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Hazzel nodded to confirm his statement as her hand fell to her side. She glimpsed the scar on his cheek and tilted her head slightly."Yes. They had an untimely death around the age of fifteen for me. I've been running this place since."She reached out a hand to his cheek before she could stop herself. Unfortunately, he was taller than she'd thought and wished she were taller. She felt so short and small compared to him."What happened?"She asked in a soft tone. A small wind came in through one of the windows and tossed her hair back over her shoulders. She reached for small strands to brush them out of her face, looking away..
Back to top Go down
Luke Redcross

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 8:52 pm

Luke listened to her story and regretted asking his question. But, losing loved ones was one of the cons of being a shadow hunter. "I am sorry that you lost yer parents at such a young age." There was a sympathetic hint in his voice. Although, he himself hasn't lost his parents. They were back in Ireland heading the institute in Dublin. In the next moment Hazzel was reaching to touch the ragged scar on his cheek. Apparently, the shadows didnt hide it well enough. Luke caught her hand in his before she touched it. His soft expression seemed to grow hard but lightened a moment after. He brought up his other hand around hers and replied, "Some stories are better left in the past." The shadow hunters accent seemed to thicken and get lower as he let her hand go. The wind had caused a draft inside the greenhouse tousling both of their hair. A stray strand of hair was blowing stubbornly from Hazzels hair. Luke kept himself from pushing it back behind her ear. Why was he feeling this way? This was something he usually doesn't feel.
Back to top Go down
Hazzel Calyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Hazzel caught her breath when he'd caught her hand in both of his. When he wouldn't tell her how he got it, she nodded and pulled her hand out of his grasp. Turning, Hazzel moved to the window where the wind blew her hair back. She looked out into the night sky before casting her eyes towards the earth, fingered the window sill lightly with the tip of a sharp index finger nail."My parent...They died in their sleep, so the healers told me. I wouldn't hear it. I'd used to take a blade and cut the Angel Rune in my wrist thinking it would some how bring them back. Astonishingly, it left me no scaring."She paused and took a breath, her eyes still downcast."They thought I couldn't lead the institute when i was fifteen. They tried to take it from me and end my families heritage, place a new family will to take the job." She looked up now when she paused and in her eyes were the tears she hadn't shed in years."Do you know what I did?" Her tone was blank.
Back to top Go down
Luke Redcross

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:25 pm

Luke watched as she walked to the window. Her back was to him, so he didnt see her expression but, the emotion in her voice was raw with memories. The moon was making its cycle by this time. Several of the moon flowers were closing already. The story if Hazzels past seemed to leave whisps of emotion that gathered on the wind. To Luke, it was a somber story. Especially the harm that she had done to herself in a way to bring them back. A way that didnt succeed. When her voice quavered Luke walked around the pool and next to her. As if he wanted to comfort her but wasnt sure how to. "What did you do?" He asked. His blue-green gaze was trained on her as he spoke. The wind caused him to squint slightly. The sounds of car horns were replaced by the wind and the city lights seemed to fade.
Back to top Go down
Hazzel Calyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:38 pm

Hazzel bit her lip. For a long while, she didn't answer him. She could feel the pressure of his gaze on her. He was close to her. Her heart pounding, she forced the words from her mouth."I threatened to kill myself. On the day of which they were going to remove me from the institute and place me into foster care, I took a blade and put it to my throat. I screamed at them to let me stay, pleaded with them. At first, the Clave leaders saw no point in letting down the threat of putting me someplace for treatment. They knew i was cutting myself but they could do nothing. I wouldn't let them. Then, a close friend of the family had stepped from the crowd. It was my old tutor, Ginon. He'd taught me life as a way to embrace. I remembered his words to me and...and..."She felt tears and trailed off. Why was she telling him this? Was it because he reminded her of her mentor when he was younger in a way? She didn't dare face him. She'd promised herself she wouldn't cry. Yet, here she was.
Back to top Go down
Luke Redcross

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:48 pm

Luke waited patiently for her to speak. It must be hard for her, to bring back all the memories. Especially ones that were not pleasant at all. His gaze turned from her to the city scape as he listened, taking it all in. The young mans tensed as she said that she had threatened to take her own life in front of the Clave. That was a certain risk, but they hadn't let her do that. Surely they would never let one of their own kill themselves over what they thought was right. He was still... Sad at the thought that someone like her, someone who was so blissful moments ago, would threaten that. Hazzel began to stutter, clearly getting upset at recalling the event. Luke stretched out one arm and wrapped it around her before pulling her in for a hug. He said quietly, "Ay, there is no need for tears to be shed. Bringing up yer past will only cause ya more heart ache." His head was bowed slightly so he could speak softly. Luke hoped he could help calm her down.
Back to top Go down
Hazzel Calyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:57 pm

Hazzel flinched at Luke's touch. When she was in his arms she felt the nightmares flee from her mind. It was like he could bring her to peace.She sighed. She knew he was right. She shouldn't be thinking this way. Drying her face with the backs of her wrists, she turned to face him."Thank you." she said this with a small laugh before heading towards the door of the Green house.The moment of the Moonflowers was over, come and gone. She let the memory of her parents being there with her slip into mind and smiled. It was a smile that she always had. Looking back at Luke she smiled brightly."In all my years being here, I don't think i will ever leave it."She tapped her fingers on the door handle, thinking. She chuckled."I've always been here, it's my home. I think perhaps someday I will travel the world."
Back to top Go down
Ezio Auditore

Ezio Auditore

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:11 pm

Ezio watched the two with an keenly interested gaze. His hood was up again silohetting his face in darkness. He got down from the short wall giving a short nod to Cass up on the wall before walking slowly into the glass house. he walked as he normally did his head dipped down a little helping the shadows mask his face. He was silent as he walked along, no footsteps sounded from the expert yet young assassin. He was fully aware that he was considered strange yet the italian didnt give a damn. as he walked over to the entrance he was stopped by the girl being there. he took calculated steps back. quickly preparing himself instinctivley for a fight.
Back to top Go down
Jason Lee

Runes : 5

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:19 pm

Jason walked up the stairs of the institute, he had read a sign that had said greenhouse and was hoping there was food inside. With each step he was his paws echoed off the stair case walls, they were loud to so much that it hurt his ears so he clamped them to his head flat. He drooled at the thought of food, and his tongue rolled out. His fluffy fur made him look like a dog show pet, but that ticked him off a lot. He was the exact opposite of that and intended to show it. He came up to the doggie door and stepped inside the greenhouse

To his surprise it was all flowers “What the heck is all of this girly crap”? He snarled and went over to a small flower patch and lifted his left paw and began stomping on the flowers. He bit them and tore them out and didn't stop until that one spot was bare. He sighed and went over to a small pond and laid down beside it, dipping his paws in and ignoring the two shadow hunters that were talking to eachother
Back to top Go down
Cassa Smith

Cassa Smith

Runes : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:32 am

Cassa climbed back into the greenhouse. She was surprised with how many people had com into there, and was tempted to go back to the library. "It's a garden, of course it's going to have flowers." she laughed, answering the wolf's question.
Back to top Go down
Jason Lee

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:46 am

Jason looked over at the female, as his stomach growled. "Who are you"? he asked and went up to her and sniffed her scent seeing if she was a threat. He wagged his tail at her smell and sat on his haunches. I know I just thought it would have deer in here". He mutter flattening his ears.
Back to top Go down
Luke Redcross

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Luke let his arms fall to his sides as Hazzel stepped away. It seems as though he had helped her a bit. She wiped any trace of tears from her eyes and started heading to the door. The young man turned and watched as she stood at the door. For some odd reason, he didn’t want her to go but he wasn’t going to stop her. It was interesting Hazzel had wanted to travel the world, yet she hadn’t left this Institute, her home. “I see, well maybe I could show ya some places about this world. “ He paused before adding, “Maybe ya could come with me on my next trip.” Luke was the person that was open to company, company to take along on his travels. It did get rather lonely, being in new places, getting to know people, then leaving them with in the month he had stayed. From most others he could be called a heartbreaker for his habit to up and leave.
Soon after Luke had spoken there was another man in the door. His face was shadowed by the deep hood he had pulled over his face. The man had taken a swift stance and tensed as if expecting a fight, but why would there be a fight in this place of peace? Especially in an Institute where all the Shadowhunters accepted each other. Well, most of the time anyways. Luke leaned back against the window wanting to see how this brief interaction would go.
Back to top Go down
Cassa Smith

Cassa Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:06 pm

She laughs, "Cassa, and you'd find deer in a forest or a zoo, not in a greenhouse." She brushes her bangs out of her face again, hating how they'd get in her eyes when training. Her green eyes looked around, missing the familiarity of the library.
Back to top Go down
Jason Lee

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Jason smiled at Cassa"I am Jason but everyone calls me Jay". He smiled. A collar was around his neck and shimmered sliver
Back to top Go down
Cassa Smith

Cassa Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:34 am

Cassa sneezed again and rubbed her watery eyes. Her allergies were killing her, so she slipped out of the door and headed back to the library.
_The Library_
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse   The Greenhouse - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Greenhouse
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wolves of the Runes :: Role Play and Related Things :: New York :: The Institute-
Jump to: